- NAS servers
- Alix appliances
- 5 to 8 ports appliances
- Server Appliance
- Product support
PPTP on OS X and IPhone with pfSense box
I've found this little tutorial (simplified) on how to use PPTP on OS X or Iphone to connect to PPTP services provided by pfSense
On pfSense box
- VPN --> PPTP -> Configuration (tab)
- Select "Enable PPTP Server"
- Server Address - "Enter the WAN IP"
- Remote Address Range - "Pick a range of 16 addresses that are available on your network that is also evenly divisible by 16" i.e. 192.168.1.112 or 192.168.1.128
- I would recommend selecting the checkbox that requires 128-bit encryption.
- VPN --> PPTP -> Users (tab)
- Click "+" to add user
- Fill in username and password. You can leave IP blank to just take the first address in the pool of 16.
- Firewall --> Rules --> PPTP VPN (tab)
- Added a rule to allow all traffic to talk to everything (if you need more specifics, let me know)
- Settings --> General --> Network --> VPN
- Add VPN Configuration
- Select PPTP
- Fill in generic Description
- Enter the IP address of your WAN interface
- The username that was created above
- RSA SecurID : OFF
- Enter password created above
- Encryption Level: Auto
- Send All Traffic: ON
- Turn ON VPN
I was able to disable wireless, then VPN back into my home network over the 3G network and access services that are behind the PFsense firewall. I was able to web into the PFsense configuration page.
Original thread available here.