- NAS servers
- Alix appliances
- 5 to 8 ports appliances
- Server Appliance
- Product support
- A NetFlow probe for pfSense® software
- pfSense® project management
- PPTP on OS X and IPhone with pfSense® software box
- pfSense® software features
- How to configure pfSense® software as a bridge
- Multiple WAN interfaces with PFSense® software
- pfSense® software and OpenVPN for new users
- View All Tutorials
To be published soon: The first book about PFSense
Authored by pfSense developer Chris Buechler and pfSense consultant Jim Pingle, The Definitive Guide to pfSense covers installation and basic configuration through advanced networking and firewalling of the popular open source firewall and router distribution.
This book is designed to be a friendly step-by-step guide to common networking and security tasks, plus a thorough reference of pfSense's capabilities. The Definitive Guide to pfSense covers the following topics:
- An introduction to pfSense and its features.
- Hardware and system planning.
- Installing and upgrading pfSense.
- Using the web-based configuration interface.
- Backup and restoration.
- Firewalling fundamentals and defining and troubleshooting rules.
- Port forwarding and Network Address Translation.
- General networking and routing configuration.
- Bridging, Virtual LANs (VLANs), and Multi-WAN.
- Virtual Private Networks using IPsec, PPTP, and OpenVPN.
- Traffic shaping and load balancing.
- Wireless networking and captive portal setups.
- Redundant firewalls, High Availability, and Virtualization.
- Various network related services.
- System monitoring, logging, traffic analysis, sniffing, packet capturing, and troubleshooting.
- Software package and third-party software installations and upgrades.
At the end of this book, you'll find a menu guide with the standard menu choices available in pfSense and a detailed index.
Authors: Christopher M. Buechler and Jim Pingle
Editor: Jeremy C. Reed
Pages: 480 (paperback)
Publishing Date: September 2009
Book dimensions: 7.44 x 9.68 x 0.80 inches
Table of Contents:
For more info, please read : www.reedmedia.net/books/pfsense/